RSS twitter facebook youtube pinterest instagram wattpad goodreads
Shop my stuff!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Distractions!


It's hard to keep an organized household when one has adult ADHD and isn't medicated.

Not shown is the probiotic I swallowed shortly before this pic was taken.

 This is how I spent my day:

  • Woke up @ 11:45am and put eyedrops in
  • Blinked to the dreary landscape of rain and cloudiness all around
  • Made coffee
  • Doggie cuteness distracting me
  • Thunder & lighting making dog curl around my legs
  • Turn on computer
  • Turn on fan/s to stave off nightmarish humidity (frizzy hair hell not pictured)
  • Cannot follow simple conversation as I drone off to father's chit chat
  • Cannot string thought sentences, so off to the internetz!
  • THANK YOU INTERNET FOR NOT MAKING ME THINK STUFFS
  • I take all those supplements there (see above pic)
  • Drank regular Lipton tea cup with vanilla soy milk
  • Did dishes
  • Drank a full bottle of water; feeling strangely dehydrated these days
  • Went back to my desk to sort thru inbox (appox. 1hr cuz 5 email accounts)
  • Went back for coffee
  • Back to internetz, where I opened 3 tabs from 1 email I got, about getting paid by sites for stories, including price per word and word count, such as this one
  • And this one
  • And this one too 
  • More rain, now comes in torrential!
  • Went to kitchen to make a banana/coconut milk/chia seed/peanut butter /spinach smoothie 
  • Oh look, Imgur  (drinking smoothie)
  • Delete that beeyotch spam!
  • Should I play that electronic trip hop music from yesterday? hmm...
  • (36min later) 6hr. meditation music??! Yes please!
  • 2hrs later...I finally figured out how to shut off auto docking of windows on Windows 8!~~ *self-hi-five
  • Rain's easing up
  • Doggy chillin' on mat beside me. He can't be bothered to give any fucks today
  • My mother can be hear slamming drawers in her room (an everyday occurrence/ has Alzheimer's)
  • My father let me know a friend of his is visiting today, out of the blue (he put his dog down last week so we're gonna cheer him up)
  • My ADHD is going especially haywire today, grrr
  • when is food?...
  • Blog post! blog post...right...
  • Rain is getting worse-er. It makes me jumpy and nervous because this is exactly how the flood happened last year. The one where FEMA was called to our street and I gave them the grand tour :-P
 
  • Better txt msg my tenant to let him know that the car he put a buncha money on restoring is sitting in water half-way up the tires 
  • Friend dude gets here; I offer my condolences, he asks me to please hook up his new bluetooth speaker to his Samsung tablet
  • I  make the hookup and install an app to boost his tablet's memory too, free of charge (trying to be nice)
  • My best friend whom I hear of once every several months calls; we trade sick family stories and finally friend ea. other on facebook (he just got an account not long ago; he is planet Earth's only non-tech-savvy Asian)
  • Well, THIS hot mess

  •  Finally calmed after the rains receded 4hrs later (leaving trash n floating debris on our lawn for the umpteenth time) so crisis averted!
  • I put on 3" flip flops and partially opened one of the gates cuz in the middle, it was exactly 1 foot underwater. The water at it's worst was half-way up the driveway. I had 4" water reaching above my ankles
  • um, blog today? Any day now?
  • was offered food n wine by the boys who also dined on Klondike bars. Checked in on my mother and we spoke a bits, as she appeared lucid now (she has Alzheimer's)
  • they all left for church choir practice
  • I bathed the dog as his scent was a tad on the pungent side, then I showered too
  • they got home, then I once again sat down with another cuppa coffee, for a grand total of 4 today
  • FINALLY typing out this blog post!


 My constantly changing environment, my senile father springing new projects on me without warning, my mother's feverish/random mood swings, and my wandering mind = a cocktail of 'Fuck my life!'

Side bar: Hate it when teens casually use this phrase...wait 'till you get out in the real world sweeties. You won't be able to handle getting your wifi cut off because you can't pay your bills. And let's add terrible people to the mix, shall we?

 I'm not sure how normal authors handle their day-to-day, (especially with small children!) but my life is plagued with randomness. So much that I cannot plan a goddamned thing. Now I don't have kids (yet) but my elderly folks are currently my dependents. And we always have one crisis or another around here, including things breaking, busting, leaking, rusting, etc. I don't have help, because I am the help around here.

You accomplished authors with small children...how the heck do you get anything done????


 I read an article somewhere stating that some beloved famous authors of all time had been plagued with illnesses and addictions. Who knows what other hardships...I think Jane Austen was the sole caretaker of her mother and sister? Oh no wait, her brothers chipped in. Wish mine would.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I wrote the aforementioned some 2wks. ago. My mother's moods hit sky high and we had to 'watch her' for her safety. Kinda hard when she was giving me the stink-eye, like I was Satan's butthole. Ah well. At least my ADHD finally calmed da fuck down. I can power-up my brain- hooray!

Then I went on my once-a-year sugar binge, of Raffaello coconut trufles/ Flan/ and brownies. My stomach...officially so full of regrets!

One more thing...
I finally got around to uploading my first story to Wattpad; go read it!








Printfriendly

Books on Audio - FREE offer

Disqus

blogger template