RSS twitter facebook youtube pinterest instagram wattpad goodreads
Shop my stuff!

Sunday, January 9, 2022

My Author Journey - Jan 09, 2022 - Gathering my documents for establishing my Corporation

 

Man, I am burned out! Brain...all gooey...

 
 
 
 
Hope everyone's holidays were mild. I say that, because so many families are broken, and December is fraught with trigger words like, 'family', 'holidays', and 'baby Jesus'. A mild holiday is just what everybody needs right now. And maybe some indica.

I was so damn busy and burnt out from everything, I didn't even put up decorations. I'm still stuck on getting a Virtual Business Address. It's different from a Virtual Business Office, by about $30/mo. and includes an actual person that answers a phone, a telephone number to use, and a fax machine, in addition to getting the Virtual Business Address.
Hey, I only need the address.
That is all. No need for fancy things.
 
I was stuck on this because I kept asking around if I am able to use a Virtual Business Address on DBA forms and EIN forms.  Yes, I asked on Reddit, to more confusion. I got a variety of mixed answers on that one. I won't go into too much detail yet, until my part 2 of my Business Costs post. Lets just say it had me waiting around much too long.

I finally finished up with all the damn doctors appointments. I have one left, and it's to get checked out for my many moles, in varying sizes and colors. Because I don't want a surprise cancer later down the road. Get it out of the way now, so I can focus on business.

I absolutely HATE anything that disrupts my flow. Because when I get back to it, honest to god, I don't remember where I left off.

What else? Hmm. Bought some clothes on xmas sales to replace the ones with embarrassing holes in them. 
Bought a bunch of office supplies from Dollar Tree, because I ain't paying Staples $5.99 for a 1-inch binder, when the same thing is $1.25 at DT! Shop clearance rack; shop smart friends! Also, Staples has a clearance rack that is the back wall of the store, fyi.
 
Army Of Darkness, 1992.

 
I also bought a hardcover book. This was a "treat-myself" moment. Because 2021 was a dumpster fire, different to 2020 but in equal measure to it's horrific saturation.
 
So I bought it at B&N, just came out, so it wasn't up front and I had to ask the only 2 people working there, and I swear that place runs itself. Like it's self serving, doesn't need human people. And only 1 person running the Starbucks there, it's weird.
 
 Also, it was $40 instead of the sale price of $32.99 they advertised on it's website. I showed them my phone screen at the register and they price matched it! Hooray! Victory tastes like candy!
It was the new illustrated The Witcher book. I love, love, loooove how easy it is to get into this book! No alienating pretenses! Just pure story, let's jump right in, of a dark traveler, who easily flays monsters. 
 
This book inspired me to add illustrations to my book too. I may run out of time, depending on how much I get done from now until Valentine's Day. I keep pushing book launches up, and up...over things out of my control. Damnit. Well, I'm already incorporated, and half the paperwork is done. Now to finish that shit up, update my websites, my stores, my Paypal info, and get going on the books.

Keep reading, it gets saucier every time.


Printfriendly

Books on Audio - FREE offer

Disqus

blogger template