RSS twitter facebook youtube pinterest instagram wattpad goodreads
Shop my stuff!

Saturday, March 6, 2021

My Author Journey - Feb 1, 2021

UPDATES! With, some memes!

So I started writing this on February 4, now March 6. Lol!

Made and ate a BLT (bacon/lettuce/tomato) sandwich, and slapped a fried egg, some melted cheese and mayo, for the extra calories. (see Pic 1)

 
 
It snowed heavily all of February. We were deeply snowed in. Had to hire a crew to unbury us, twice, with shovels and a pickup truck with a snowplow in front. Cost over $200, but absolutely necessary for a 504 sq.ft. driveway and concrete path encircling the house. One time, we mistakenly waited it out, so that the sun would melt us out of the glacier front on our lawn, but forgot that the snow melts our backyard, not our front. We were stuck indoors for 3 days, before we were able to reach the front gate, true story.
 
Then, it snowed a third time, and the neighbors were kind enough to shovel us out, bless their hearts.

The night of the first snow that damned us :-p
 
 
 
 But before that, on January 6, 2021, some rejects you find in a Walmart parking lot dumpster decided to attack the Capitol building of the United States, citing a pre-planned insurrection. This highlighted Trump's reign of terror, and many shady things came to light. So many of those imbeciles have been arrested by the F.B.I., including one of Trump's former aides. 

The country and the world has woken up to the corruption, delusions, and retardation of our 'elected' leaders, with the public clamoring for pressing forward with TERM LIMITS for our old congressmen (I heard a rumor floating around that one of them currently has Alzheimers, geez)  and Democrats calling for the demise of the useless action of Filibusters during congressional hearings. What is the political equivalent of 'kangaroo court'?

Meanwhile, when President Joe Biden took office, he had a light up memorial commemorating over 400,000 dead United States citizens from Covid-19. The orange goon took his former predecessor's outlined playbook of pandemic protocols and wiped his cheezburger fat asshole with it. Unreal. My area is the hardest hit in New York, and vaccines ran out days ago. Our household hasn't even had the first dose yet, even with elderly people. 
 
 
The Covid-19 worldwide pandemic began in January of 2020. We're now in March 6, 2021 and not everyone can access the myriad of vaccines still. In the country that produces the biggest amount of billionaires per capita. Christ almighty...
 
 
 
 
And just the other day, many Republicans shot down a bill raising the minimum wage from $7.15 to $15. Rich people, who are so far removed from the tier of the working class, who cannot fathom what it's like to earn a NON-LIVEABLE WAGE decided poor people need to stay even more poor.
 
They also bitched and moaned about dispatching $1200 in funds to every household in the United States to help those who lost jobs and homes during the 2020 pandemic.  Truly despicable, their lack of humanity.
 
 
 
 
Biden is moving forward to undo all the damage the orange goon has done. If I remember correctly, he has the goal of wiping out student loan debt on his list, so I hope it happens soon. Student loan debt is my only consumer debt, but is is hefty.
 
 
 And with every person in the country pissed off by now, while watching the shit show of loonies making America look bad, who keep allowing themselves to be kicked around by the rich elite with lies of 'leftist propaganda', make the educated and rationally sane question just how stupid can humanity be??! Because it's that easy to pull the wool over the eyes of the hatefully ignorant. They're a powder keg waiting to go off, awaiting instructions through the form of a whisper in the ear, repeating what angers them, then it's just a slam dunk to tell them where the root of their anger comes from.
 
DEM LIBERALS! CAN'T TELL ME TO WEAR A MASK! COVID'S A LIBERAL LIE.

And other such garbage nonsense.
(my head has been hurting since this debacle began weeks ago, I don't think it's a coincidence)

The people they already hate are trying to control them!
Also, vote for me!
 
(just an observation, but sure sounds to me similarly to WWII nazi propaganda campaigns...) 
 
When citizens deliberately choose to surrender their freedom of control, their own voices, and make room in their heads and hearts for an aggressive, overbearing power to use their persons as megaphones for their hatred and lies, it facilitates the process of brainwashing much faster. This, this is how people get sucked into cults. Because they surrender their control. They no longer want to 'think'. They're trusting that overconfident guy over there to do it for them. Surely they can be trusted?!


. . .

 
 
So naturally, all this acidic, bad behavior finally got everyone in the United States angry and loathesome. A small group of investors, as an experiment (as I understand it) decided to stick it to the (rich) man by over investing in stocks they put options on. Rich man placed bets on the bankrupting of Gamestop stock, and small investors bought up as much of that stock as possible, raising the value and screwing over the shorting of said stock.

It disrupted the system successfully. The poor used the same system the rich man has been using this whole time to bankrupt them, and instead turned the tables on them. But some investing platforms chose to save the (rich) men who placed the options and halted any more investing in those transactions. Talk about hypocritical.

 
 

 
 
 
  
 Watching this circus of stupidity and fuckwits made me embarassed to be an American citizen. Not sure how you guys feel, but I am deeply ashamed. I've had European friends ask me what the hell is going on here. It's difficult explaining generational retardation to those with better educational systems.

Also...

The window was leaking, and we had it fixed. Then it leaked again. We had it fixed yet again. Then the toilet broke. We had it replaced. Then we replaced the dead microwave too. Because when it rains, it pours. At the same damn time. 
Sigh.
Meanwhile...

 
ALL OF MY PROJECTS ARE UNFINISHED. So to the point, I can't even bring myself to open Instagram and update it. I have been morose, and tired, and depleted. My head is foggy and I cannot think straight, form sentences. My family and friends have noticed and describe me as 'zoned out'.
 
 

 
 I thought it was from all this political strife happening on the national level, so I stopped reading the news hoping to recharge my batteries. Nope! Seems something else is going on.
 
I would pay all the monies if this kind of support was a thing!

And now, a short break from our potato overlords...

 
 
 
I feel that I am psychologically the very best version of me that ever was, at this point, and that's when I realized the meaning of the phrase, "Youth is wasted on the young."
 
Because now my physical body seems to be not keeping up. 

Evidently, a writer's strike ensued during the first half of my life.
 
 


 
No, I'm not getting enough rest. Half the time, I'm awake on Tokyo time because of, well, anything. I wake up when I wake up. It's usually due to staying awake 18 hours on one day, and waking at 2 AM the next. Pretty sure my circadian rhythm is blown to hell at this point. 
 
And whenever I have just a few minutes to myself, do I spend it writing? At all? NO! I doom scroll on my tablet, past all the shaky-American-government-shenanigan headlines on my news app that fill me with rage, only to discover celebrities dying out of nowwhere (RIP Cloris Leachman :-( -but we still have Betty White, so best 1/2? ) and civil unrest in yet another part of the world. Sigh.
 
 
I feel old and tired.
Speaking of which...
 

 
 

 

 

 I cannot tell you how much this hurts me on a very deep, deep level.


 

 

And of course, my SADS (seasonal affective disorder) kicked in right on cue, so my body has been struggling in the harshness of this frosty season. 

In warm weather, I rise early and zip around knocking off everything in my To Do list. In Winter, I yawn a lot, wanna sleep more hours, and eat carb rich foods I normally do not consume. Also, more bummed out, despite the vitamin D gummies I've been eating. I guess I'm just solar powered.

 

 Sure, I wanna hibernate until Spring, like a mountain bear, but no, something else is happening here. I wrote lists to sort myself out. I tried over sleeping. Still addle headed. Consuming more daily vitamins. Adding extra fresh fruit to diet. Nope. Same problem. Yawning all hours of the day still.

 

 

 

So enough is enough. I went to the Obamacare website, actually called the Affordable Care Act, because my friend is 100% covered through it, even though he owns a business and a car and two houses. I thought you had to be a complete broke-ass bitch to get any help from it. He told me as long as you can prove any source of livable income, you qualify.

Actually, that was incorrect.

 

I went to the website, but because I selected New York state (where I live) it redirected me to the NY government site, (NY has the best welfare package in all the country) and there was a convoluted site for signing up for poor people's healthcare (called Medicaid, when you are completely broke-ass). I had the people on the phone tell me EXACTLY what to click on because it's not a user-friendly website. They were kind, and agreed with me about the abysmal website navigation.

The last time I had Medicaid, it did not cover labwork, and I got a mystery bill of $150.00 for something I didn't even order from some mystery company. Kept showing up as a debt on my credit report for years. I didn't trust it after that.

 

Now, in 2021, it covers everything: Labwork, physical therapy, eye glasses, dental. But back then, it didn't. Problem is, not a lot of doctors accept this Medicaid. I had to go through an entire directory listing of doctors for days and days, looking for one freaking doctor to help me. Finally found a medical outfit in NYC that did televisits. That doctor wanted me to get a physical and bloodwork, and a thyroid panel, to explain my lethargy, but did prescribe my very first anti-depressant. Murrica, amirite?

 

Back to the search for more doctors. They never call you back, even if you leave a message. Of the ones that do, many do not accept new patients. Hey doctors, can you please put taht info clearly visible on your websites?? Sigh. Finally, after 3 weeks of searching, found one who would see me, but not until end of this month. Stupid American healthcare. Hopefully they can figure out why I've been so, so, so goddamn exhausted. Seriously, haven't been this tired since I used to pull all nighters studying during my university days.


But I am happy I finally got some effing health care, after so many years of going without. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.


I also got my state ID card renewed, so that I may be able to hop on a plane, and not get my new medical coverage revoked, where it's required. They call it, the 'Enhanced Card' and they charge you more money for it. The line at the DMV was fast, but there was a screw up with the spelling of my name, as it is a compound word of two first names, and some documents spell it with a space in between, others as one whole name. I just told the chick behind the glass counter to spell it whatever way gets me home faster. She laughed. Glad I finally got it overwith. It expired back in 2016 and hadn't any cash to renew it then.


Make lemonade with those lemons! As much as I wanna get back into the writing swing of things, I gotta check my health first. Been ignoring it for 22 years from lack of coverage, so it's finally hit fever pitch. Cannot wait any longer. I will try to sneak in some writing in between, but it will be quite sparsely I'm afraid.


Something's better than nothing, eh?

 

 

Need to polish my writing skills to be this top notch. So jealous. Keep writing, everyone!







Printfriendly

Books on Audio - FREE offer

Disqus

blogger template